Another way to wear the VK Erica Bandeau and Bella Skirt. It's all about beautiful multi-functionality http://t.co/QbGGFQvX10.10.2012 - 17.08
10.10.2012 - 12.00
RT @frankidurbin: @VanessaKnox seriously, that sweater top makes me giddy! Major fashion love. I want every color.10.10.2012 - 11.57
The lovely and very talented stylist/blogger Paula of Treschicmama blog strikes again. This time styling fellow blogger and fabulous mother-to-be, Ana of In Honor of Design Blog in our Leaf Penelope Dress. An oversized, wide brimmed sun hat finishes of the look with an extra glam (and practical) touch. We think she looks amazing.
This Autumn/Winter velvet popped up on the catwalks of designers such as Dolce & Gabanna, Gucci, Bottega Venetta and Etro. The new interpretations are cool and modern and nothing like the party dresses from our childhood days.
This season we have played into this trend with our velvet jacquard Cosima Coat which is our luxe twist on a classic swing coat with adjustable belt loops for maternity, pre and post-pregnancy wearability.
It is looking like it is going to be a very bling holiday season. Gold and sparkle is another big statement this season and it is everywhere from the High Street to the high end designer boutiques and worn from day to night.
If head-to-toe gold is not your thing, play into it with gorgeous accessories. Glam up a chic, simple little black dress (like our Lucia Dress, pictured below with gold python Milli Millu Parisian Clutch) with a bold necklace or cuff, or gold embellished shoes. Grab a luxe evening bag and shine on!
We hope you have a fabulous Holiday season! Love from Team VK X
Hair accessories have definitely made a comeback, and this season it is grown up, sophisticated and luxe. We are loving this trend and how pretty hair jewellery adds a festive feminine accent to a flirty bob or a swept back pony tail or bun. Everything from the preppy hair clip, to the oversized kirby grip to jewelled headbands and combs were on the catwalks. Here are some highlights:
1. At Rodarte, star cluster hair clips adorned tousled bobs
2. Wide burnt orange, wire edged taffeta ribbons at Giles
3. Swarovski crystal hair clip from Dolce & Gabbana
4. Opulent pearl and jewelled headbands on sleek centre partings at Dolce & Gabanna
5. Valentino Rockstud Leather Headband
6. More hair jewellery from the Dolce & Gabanna A/W show
7. Eugenia Kim Sequin Silk-Satin Headband
8. Dolce & Gabanna Swarovski Crystal and Faux Pearl Hair Slide
We are just loving this trend as it just exudes femininity and class and it is yet another beautiful way to take daywear into evening into special occasion dressing. To complete the look, simply add a lick of liquid eyeliner, long leather gloves and some attitude.
2. Snakeskin Swirl Hat by Awon Golding (a name to watch)
3. Add a pair of long leather gloves to complete the look. These season they come in every variation from sleek basic to fur trimmed and beaded.
4. Take the lead from Kate, The Dutchess of Cambridge and Royal fashion icon
5. A divine creation from Milliner Extraordinaire, Philip Treacy
6. Take inspiration from fabulous 50′s and 60′s fashion shots and play up eyes and lips for full-on (and easy to achieve) glamour.
7. Go for feminine drama and wear a veiled hat or head piece to a winter wedding.
8. Another gorgeous Philip Treacy creation. Another way to achieve an original feminine fashion statement pop into to a haberdashery shop and pick up an oversized silk flower, attache to a combe or headband and use it to accent an upswept hair do. For extra drama, add some netting and feathers, even a jewelled brooch…
At VK we are loving the new movement towards the new nostalgia that Avril Groom recently wrote about in the FT’s How to Spend It. This new wave is attracting a new generation of young supporters who want to look grown up and glamorous, taking the lead from the Royal Family – mainly The Duchess of Cambridge, who has become a fashion role model with her elegant statement look and is reviving this trend for dressing up.
With this new, old world glamour we see accessories like fur stoles, shrugs, millinery and long gloves in leather or jersey making a comeback and we love the elegant touch they can add to a chic, simple black dress, like Lola, as worn by our model Chloe below.
Here at VK we love beautiful versatility because life is so busy, clothes just have to multi-task as well as we do and keep up with all the many aspects of our lives. We also love how a chic, well cut dress can go a long way. One dress that illustrates this beautifully is our Veronique dress, pictured here in Indigo.
By evening, it is sexy and elegant paired with dramatic crystal drop earrings, a sparkly statement shoe and tousled hair. By day sweep hair up in a messy ponytail, change the heels for a pair of high boots and a slouchy bag and you have a pulled together look for a day out shopping in town or lunch with the girls.
We had a little styling session in our studio the other day creating different looks with our favourite VK pieces.
Here is Look No. 1 – Chloe sporting our semi sheer Bella Skirt and Erica Bandeau with a glam biker vibe, accessorised with Fiorentini + Baker boots and Leather biker jacket . Sheer is still a hot trend for Autumn/Winter and one we Love Love Love – just winterize with a pair of opaque tights or leggings. It is also great way to lighten up and all black look.
I love this feminine look with a cool, city edge.
It’s all about beautiful multi-functionality here at VK.
How gorgeous does Dutch model and mum-to-be, Linda Lotte look in our Leah Dress?! Linda wore Leah to a Best Dressed Awards ceremony and after party last week in Amsterdam and posted her snaps on Netherlands based Pret-a-Pregnant Blog.
Big thanks to Linda and Pret-a-Pregnant for representing VK in Holland and all the best on your pregnancy Linda! Love from the VK and Team XXX